BWC Summer Nails Competition 2017 Terms and Conditions
BWC Summer Nail Competition: Terms and Conditions
- Each entry must refer to a BWC Kind Colourful Nail Polish name in order to be considered. The full list of Nail Polish names can be found here
- You can enter as many photos as you like during all weeks of the competition
- Entrants must be 16 years or over and reside in the UK to enter.
- No purchase necessary. No alternative cash prizes.
- Any photos submitted after Friday 12pm GMT each week will be entered into the following week’s competition if possible until the end of the competition.
- Please keep all photos respectful and appropriate.
- All photos must be original, BWC cannot accept photos that have been modified from another photograph
- If you submit a photo for this competition either by Twitter, Facebook, Instagram or email you provide BWC with the permission to reuse the photo for promotional purposes including being used on Social Media platforms.
- The first competition will run from 16:00hrs GMT on 14/07/2017 to 12.00hrs GMT on 21/07/2017 (inclusive). The second competition will run from 16:00hrs GMT on 21/07/2017 to 12:00hrs GMT on 28/07/2017 (inclusive). The third competition will run from 16:00hrs GMT on 28/07/2017 to 12:00hrs GMT on 04/08/2017 (inclusive). The fourth competition will run from 16:00hrs GMT on 04/08/2017 to 12:00hrs GMT on 11/08/2017 (inclusive). The fifth competition will run from 16:00hrs GMT on 11/08/2017 to 12:00hrs GMT on 18/08/2017 (inclusive).
- BWC seeks no ownership of the content submitted to our social media platforms and respects and supports the rights of the creator and/or owner. Copyright remains with the image creator and/or owner at all times and you retain all rights to the content that you previously enjoyed. However, by submitting your image you represent and warrant to BWC that you are the original photographer of, and accordingly all rights, including copyright in and to the content are owned by you or you have the permission of the copyright holder and that BWC is free to use the content as provided in these terms without obtaining permission or a licence from any third party. By uploading your image you agree that we can:
- Use, reproduce, distribute and display the image, within the scope of the various functionalities of our website and Services from time to time, including without limitation making it available for sharing on other platforms and through other channels;
- Alter the content including any cropping, manipulation, combining and creation of derivative images providing such alteration is not pornographic, defamatory or otherwise unlawful;
- Add, amend or delete any captions, keywording or information supplied to us relating to the content, including but not limited to, permissions, tags, descriptions, number of people, date taken, location and usernames (“Metadata”) for any Content for any reason;
- Attach reasonable, non-offensive comments and critiques of the image without your prior consent;
- Make no representation and warranty that content posted on our website and Social Media platforms will not be unlawfully copied without your or our consent;
- Remove or disallow any content that has been submitted at our discretion; and You further represent and warrant that:
- You have the right to enter into these terms and to grant to BWC the usage rights referred to above, and that no further permissions are required from, nor payments required to be made to, any other person in connection with the use by BWC of the image;
- The image does not defame any person and does not infringe upon the copyright, moral rights, publicity rights, privacy rights or any other right of any person, or violate any law or government regulations;
- You are solely and exclusively responsible for all images that you submit, process or handle by use of our Services. You acknowledge that we are not responsible for the image. Where we make available images this should be considered only as a courtesy and does not limit your responsibility for the same;
- There are and will be no claims by any other party in connection with the use or reproduction of any of the image;
- The image was not photographed in any place where photography for commercial gain is forbidden, e.g. some museums, art galleries and other public or private buildings or areas. We will endeavour to:
- Include your copyright information embedded within all copies of content on our website; but cannot guarantee this in any instance, and will not be held liable in the event of a failure to do so.
You agree to indemnify and hold harmless BWC and its directors, officers, employees and agents from and against all claims, losses, expenses, damages and costs resulting from or arising out of: (a) your breach of these Terms, (b) any content posted by you on the BWC social media platforms, (c) any violation by you of any rights of a third party.
In no event shall BWC be liable in contract, tort or otherwise with respect to the BWC websites or Social Media platforms, our Services or the Content: (a) for any lost profits, loss of business, loss of data, or for any misuse of Content published on our website or social media platforms or any other special, incidental or consequential costs, losses or damage of any kind whatsoever, (b) to provide substitute goods or services, except as provided for in these terms, or (c) for any direct damages. The terms of this clause shall not prevent any liability or claim for death or bodily injury nor any claim arising from wilful default or gross negligence on our part.